[Elfsea] Cedar Hill taking evacuees

Vicki Marsh xaraxene at comcast.net
Sat Sep 3 19:52:42 PDT 2005

Cedar Hill is taking evacuees from New Orleans.

If you can volunteer your time or wish to help someone close to home, this
webpage has information about what is needed:

http://ci.cedarhill.tx.us:8080/opencms/opencms/CityHall/KatrinaAid.html

Here is the list of needed items:
Cash or checks
Nonperishable foods
Bottled Water
Baby supplies – diapers and baby wipes
Baby food and formula
Toiletries
Over the counter medications
Towels and wash cloths
Bedding (sleeping bags, pillows, etc.)
Blankets
Beds/cots
Toilet paper
Band aids
Trash bags
School supplies
Stuffed animals

Our church, the First United Methodist Church of Cedar Hill, is asking
members to bring toilet paper and towels to services tomorrow. We will be
talking about what else we can do to help these evacuees and how we can
volunteer. As I get more information, I'll share it with you.

If you have any of these items and would like to bring them to the Steppes
business meeting on Tuesday, or to the Lindenwood meeting on Thursday, I'll
take them to the Cedar Hill library or police station.

If you live in these towns, they are just a few of many who are working very
hard to help the evacuees.
Irving,  http://www.ci.irving.tx.us/
Lewisville: http://tinyurl.com/7phzn
Dallas: http://www.dallascityhall.com/dallas/eng/html/katrina.html
Finding a Loved one: http://tinyurl.com/8pokd
Farmers Branch: http://tinyurl.com/dtvhw
Fort Worth:  http://www.fortworthgov.org/katrina.asp

What can you do?  Check to see if your city is taking any of the evacuees.
Some of the area cities are not accepting any of them, so if you find out
that you live in a city that isn't, call city hall and tell them that you
pay taxes, vote, and want them to take some of the evacuees.

And, if you can't do anything else, due to health, lack of money, or
whatever, send your good thoughts, prayers, and blessings to the thousands
of medical and military personnel who are doing an incredible job saving
lives.

Xene