[Elfsea] Katrina relief: important Red Cross message on Convention Cen/Reunion Arena + new web site for volunteering

Daungerous Daungerous at desertdancer.com
Sun Sep 4 12:46:19 PDT 2005

FYI from another list I am on.

Daungerous
Pretty is as Pretty does
http://www.desertdancer.com

REPLY TO:  ladyhawkhpscos at aol.com <mailto:ladyhawkhpscos at aol.com>

Saturday September 3, 2005 2:30 PM

Dear Members:

I just got off of the phone with Angela at the Dallas Red Cross Center.
She asked me to please post this e-mail and make sure it gets circulated
in North Texas.

The Red Cross is not training people at the Dallas Convention Center or
at Reunion Arena or any other refugee site.

The Red Cross is requesting cash donations at this point.

Anyone who wants to sign up as a volunteer in North Texas needs to go to
this website:  www.volunteernorthtexas.org
<http://www.volunteernorthtexas.org> 214-826-6767.

Sign up and then they will call you back.

Angela said that they want volunteers but right now they are overwhelmed
and the more people who show up at Reunion or The Dallas Convention
Center the more chaos they have to deal with.  She said the Red Cross
and other agencies will be needing volunteers for at least six months so
it is OK to wait.

The Dallas Red Cross phone number is:  214-678-4800.

When I called the Dallas Convention Center, they referred me back to the
Red Cross number.

PLEASE verify all your information before you go to any of these places.

We all want to help but without coordination, it will be mass chaos.

Bless each and everyone of you who are reaching out to others at this
time of need.  If you can't verify who you are receiving information
from, be sure and do a little research before you act.

One In Spirit,

"Ladyhawk"
Rev. Canitha Graning
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/circleofstargoddess
The Circle of Stargoddess Independent Universalist Church
The Colony, TX