[Elfsea] Re: Local Disaster Shelter needs some assistance

headturner headturner at comcast.net
Thu Sep 8 11:49:51 PDT 2005

Greetings all,

   My church is still accepting help. Here is the list of needs and
opportunities to volunteer. You can also find them listed on
www.ptcinternational.org or to volunteer, contact Courtney Watkins at
972-313-2411. Donation questions, please call 972-313-2454.  You may use
my name,Terri Head, as a reference.

You can drop off items from Monday the 5th till Saturday the 10th (so
far) from 9am to 7pm @ Shady Grove church, 1829 W. Shady Grove Rd, Grand
Prairie TX 75050 (from 30, go north on NW 19th to Carrier west/(left)
then turn right on Roy Orr till you reach Shady Grove, From 360, take
Carrier East to Roy Orr, north to Shady Grove, and from 183, take Valley
View Exit south, till you reach Shady Grove road. The church is on the
corner.)

Needed Items:
Family Bundles (for a family of 4) include:
Shampoo & Conditioner, Toothpaste & toothbrushes, toilet paper, feminine
products, deoderant, cleaning supplies (for laundry and body- soaps,
baby wipes, etc.), toys games, etc. for the kids.

PLEASE PUT ALL OF THESE ITEMS IN A BACKPACK, BOX OR OTHER STURDY
CONTAINER FOR THE FAMILIES. THEY HAVE NO WAY TO STORE OR TRANSPORT THESE
ITEMS.

*The dollar store is a great place to find stuff.*

Other items they are accepting:
diapers, baby formula, towels, NEW socks and underwear- all sizes,
bottled water, pre-packaged food (chips, snack bars, etc.) basic school
supplies & backpacks as there are many children enrolled in local
schools.

VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES:

15 people per day for Donation Drop-Off @ Shady Grove Church (shifts
available)
5 people per day at the PTC center (off of E. Abrams ) to help with
influx of evacuees needing help
2 people per day to answer the phones at the PTC center
teams to prepare, deliver and serve lunch & dinner to the 200 people at
the Elsie Odom Recreation Center (on Green Oaks in Arlington). The
Church will provide the food and the place to cook.
15 people for an On-Call Team for "spur of the moment" services
opportunites in the area.

Sincerely,
Violet
Terri Head
214-437-2829

Oh, I also left a message with the Debbie below at the number given to
call my church. (For whoever needs to see that. lol)