[Elfsea] just a thought

Lisette Blanco-Cerda de Abbott dragynstarre at gmail.com
Tue Feb 21 11:10:23 PST 2006

On behalf of somebody who's quite new to the SCA, I'd like to thank
you for sharing this information. I shall read and discuss the full
article with my son as we're both new to this form of play.

Sincerely,
Audiard Lisette

On 2/9/05, Arabella <hlarabella at sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> I have been playing in this Society for almost 10 years.  One of the things
> I found appealing and very true to my heart is the concept of knightly
> virtues. Most importantly, "The Truth."
>

> In doing a very simple Google search of "knightly virtues" my endeavor
> started with Chaucer, which lead to the following words that I have
> admonished.
>

> Courage – To be truthful in the face of adversity.
>
> Justice – With truth there will be justice.
>
> Mercy – The truth is much more merciful than untruths and lies.
>
> Generosity – The truth is generous to those who hold it in respect.
>
> Faith – In a power greater than oneself, will honor the truth.
>
> Nobility – Hold your head high with nobility in the presence of truth.
>
> Hope – That others will be truthful with you.
>

> These are the most well known 7 attributes of a knight. I feel we should all
> strive for these.
>
>  I also found from
> http://www.sca.org.au/chivalry/articles/Inigo_Virtues.html
> by Inigo Missaglia, Husband, father, knight - and by grace of God –
> gentleman.  Please follow the link for the full article.

"Forget safety. Live where you fear to live. Destroy your reputation.
Be notorious." ~Rumi