[Elfsea] middle eastern drumming guild

Vicki Marsh xaraxene at comcast.net
Wed Jun 14 20:13:11 PDT 2006

Xene here,

Give a young man a drum and see what happens?

Really, Arnbjorn bought himself a doubek and we gave him another one for his
16th birthday, so he's dying to play with other drummers on a regular basis.
I offered him the use of our house for a drumming guild and he is in charge
of this one. (Next time, I get to spell check his e-mail, I promise). If you
don't have your own doumbek, we can share some of ours. Arnbjorn is
recruiting some friends from school and church, so we might even have a few
newcomers.

Since tomorrow is the third Thursday of this month and I'm not ready yet,
the guild will be starting on June 22nd (that's next week)and Arnbjorn will
be hosting the guild. After that, it will be on the third Thursday of each
month.

He will be having it on Thursday nights because that's when Llywelyn isn't
at home (he,he). Bring your drums and dance CDs if you have any.

It will start at 7:30 pm at
302 Sweetgum Drive
Cedar Hill, TX 75104

To call if you get lost: 972-299-9867 (home) 469-879-5763 (Arnbjorn)

To get to House Gruffydd,
 Take I-35E to Hwy 67.  Go South on 67 until you reach Cedar Hill (South of
 I-20P and take the Hwy 1382/Beltline exit.  Take a left on 1382 (over Hwy
 67). It will merge with Beltline in front of the Post Office. Stay on
 Beltline and go past Joe Wilson.  The next signal is Waterford Oaks.  Take
 Right on South Waterford Oaks and drive until you see the dead-end. Take
the
 last left on  Shadywood and the next left onto Sweetgum Drive.  We will be
 the last house on the right, two story, red brick.

Xene
Mother of Arnbjorn