[Elfsea] Fighter Practice thoughts

Daralynn Brittain elspeth013 at hotmail.com
Sun Jan 7 17:58:05 PST 2007

Do the Baron or Baroness need to be at more practices?

It does help for at least one to be at the practice.

Should we have only one practice a week?

While supporting 2 practices might be difficult, I know for us making
wednesday night is difficult due to Gerhat's work schedule.  As it is, he
has been working most Sundays, but having both accomodates most people's
schedules.

Do we need to stop having fighter practice for the winter?

No, fighters need as much time to practice as possible, know that populace
attendance might suffer due to the cold (some have children they might not
want out in the cold...etc...)

Do we have to have practice at a park, or could we do it at peoples houses?

Park is more accessible for recruitment.  We have enough room to support up
to 50 people or more, and would be willing to sponsor a practice, however we
are in Granbury.

Could one family a month sponsor practice?

We would, but would distance be a factor?? It might get the DFT fighters at
a practice if we had one this way once in awhile.

Could we have other things with fighter practice?

Small projects to learn, such as practice beading, learning basic embrodiery
stitches and heraldy type classes would be fun.  But, weather could pose a
problem, which is why doing practice on scrap material would be fun.

Business meeting and fighter practice combined?

Hmmm.... business before practice might work, but the fighters would want to
attend, and they usually are pretty focused.  But this would help some of us
that are a distance away.

A&S and fighter practice combined?

see above about practice projects.

Do we need to have a mini tourney one a month?

This was fun, and I think it could be a draw.

Can a Knight or Don be a deputy?

Out of my area of expertise.

Have you helped to support the fighter practice?

Tried, but we are not as good at it as we should be.  We are trying to set
it up so that practice is more of a priority.  (Sometimes, Gerhart's work
does not cooperate)

Have fighters supported what you do?

When needed, yes.