[Elfsea] mundane and SCA questions about Elfsea

Richard Threlkeld rjt at softwareinnovation.com
Mon Nov 12 19:33:05 PST 2007

Welcome! Being male, I cannot really give you much advice on the first
question. I have seen women interview in pants suits and in skirts with
seemingly equal results, however.

As to the second question, others have provided the limited mass transit
schedule we have. Dallas and, to a lesser extent, Fort Worth have mass
transit. Most of the rest of the Metroplex has little if any of it. Even
taxis are difficult to find in many areas. However, we have lots of members
throughout the Metroplex and we might we able to organize a ride.

On the third question, on flights within the US, they recommend 1.5-2.0
hours ahead of departure, but I've found an hour more than adequate. Outside
the US I try for two hours. The travel time from Benbrook depends greatly on
the hour of the day and the day of the week. Rush hour is from about
4PM-6:30, but you will be going pretty much against traffic most of the way
to the airport. It's about 40 miles and I'd allow about an hour. Outside
rush hour you might make it in 50 minutes.

Now my turn for a question. What interests you in the SCA? What have you
done and what would you like to do?

In service,
Caelin on Andrede