[Elfsea] mundane and SCA questions about Elfsea

Dr. C. M. Helm-Clark Ph.D. cat at rocks4brains.com
Mon Nov 12 20:49:48 PST 2007

Excuse me, good gentles, but I just noticed a friend
of mine in your good barony suffering from brain skip;
and I confess this is just too good an opportunity to
pass up...

.......Start of Giving Caelin a Hard Time............

Caelin, dear heart, you just made my evening for me...
(insert wild and evil laughter here)
You know, ol'buddy, it's because of you that I was
not even going to try to sneak into Elfsea doing the
stealth peer routine.  I actually got away with it
for three whole months when I moved to Calontir and
got away with it for about a month when I moved to
Artemisia.  But here I wasn't even going to try it
if I visited and/or moved to Elfsea since I knew you
were lurking down there somewhere in the DFW area and
wouldn't get away with it for more than maybe a day or
two.  So what do I see on this list a few minutes ago?

> Now my turn for a question. What interests you in the
> SCA? What have you done and what would you like to do?
>
> In service,
> Caelin on Andrede

So, my absent-minded and brain-numbed friend, did you
not look at the signature on the first email that I sent
to this list?  After all the emails that you and I and
Eleanor and Galen traded over the last several years on
chirurgeonate business, you might have seen my name a
few times before this...  ;-)  Seriously, dude, Therasia
is a rare name in the SCA (I believe we are now up to 3
registered with the College of Arms, but I was the only
one up to AS 30 or so).  And really, given the name, I
know you know I live in Artemisia, have Dr. in front of
my name, and do geophysics for a living.  I have resisted
the temptation to count up the number of emails that have
gone from my inbox to yours and visa versa while we were
both working for Eleanor when she was society chirurgeon...

Oh boy, I can't wait to tell Eleanor and Galen!
What a hoot!  What's it worth to you for me NOT to
post the pertinent bits of this evening's posts to
to SCA-Chirurgeons, hmmmm???  ;-)  [hint: I'm a sucker
for good coffee, or howabout a ride to fighter practice
wednesday night?]

So Caelin, I hope you don't make a habit of being this
slow on the uptake, because if you are, you're in really
big trouble if I end up moving down there - because it's
almost impossible for me to pass a good target...

..........End of Giving Caelin a Hard Time............

Thank you, good gentles, for your patience while I did
my best to get egg all over poor Caelin's face - though he
does have a good enough teflon coating that it probably
won't stick... *Sigh*

FYI, I've been in the SCA since 1981. I've done some
herald stuff and some chirurgeon stuff and some marshalling
stuff and some fighting stuff.  I do leatherwork and cooking
and scribal stuff and lots of medieval material science. I'm
one of the few folks in the SCA who smelts metals and am one
of the folks who makes iron at Pennsic when I can make it
out there.  While I haven't updated it lately, you can get
a good feel for what I like to do if you visit my website
at www.rocks4brains.com/stuff.html  For the best bit on the
website to give you an idea of what sort of trouble I may
represent, skip right to be bottom of the webpage and start
with my April 1, 2006 informal report to the society
chirurgeon...  ;-)  For that which I am most vain about,
read the documentation on smelting silver.

ttfn,
Therasia, visiting Elfsea this week

or, yeah, and just for Caelin:

ttfn,