[Elfsea] Harvest Moon

willowjonbardc at juno.com willowjonbardc at juno.com
Mon Aug 18 17:51:09 PDT 2008

Would everyone who can please pencil in the Emerald Keep's Harvest Moon event for the Weekend of Oct 17.
We will be having lots of fun. I will post into to Web site latter in the week.
Beside all the other groat things planed there will be a fun contest called "Trash and Tresures".I am sure everyone in the SCA has gone somewhere and found a perfectly medieval or Renissance thing . Jewelety, glass , wood metal etc.. and you have run around showing your thing.

 This is a contest to gain bragging rights. Since this is the first contest like this  anything you have found in your whole life can be shown. Bring your thing and if you can something that makes you think it is period. I will be offering a prixe for the best documauation --BS. It is not nessceary but it might make the contest more informative expand our knowldge and isn't that what we are all about. . It can be simple a picture off the net. There will be judges and they they will decide on the "best Find".

You can enter more than one thing but please limit yourself to a reasonable number and if we run out of space you might be asked to choose your Best pieces. I, of course would like to see everything but the autocrate  and judges might think that was too much.

I will be bringing Largess to give to those people I am envious of and if you can bring a few tokens it would be nice. Remember we are all at least Petite Nobles and Largess is proper for all of us.

If you have a piece that you think is period but you are not sure bring it and we will all look at it and give impute.

I hope all of you can make it.
willow