[Elfsea] Gulf war Watch posts available

Richard Threlkeld rjt at softwareinnovation.com
Fri Jan 11 19:18:21 PST 2008

I am the Watch Day Commander for Monday of Gulf Wars. This is the group we
don't call Security that patrols and tries to enhance public safety for all
of us.

I'm responsible for the 24 hour period starting at 0600 hours (6AM for most
of us) on Monday morning and going until 0559 on Tuesday morning.  I'll need
help and lots of it to cover the demands of this period for the whole 24
hours. Due to overlaps, the first real shift for you guys starts at 0800
hours (8AM).

So far the Baroness and the Seneschal have volunteered to help with this.
Many others have mentioned they'd be glad to help, but I did not have the
shifts from Sir Giotto yet and have not recorded them. I'd really appreciate
it if you would join this august group by sending me an email requesting a
particular job and shift(s).

Sir Giotto is the Watch Department head this year. His preliminary schedule
is as follows.

6 Shift Commanders with 4 hour shifts each. Some people have said they would
like to have an 8 or 12 hour stint as Shift Commander. I can accommodate
that.

Each 4 hour Commander shift ideally will have 2 shifts (2 hours each) of 4
Watch patrols (8 patrols in all). We expect the after midnight hours to have
less.

Each Watch patrol consists of 2 persons. Watch members can take more than
one shift if they wish.

It is not yet known if late night shifts get extra volunteer points.

So the shifts are:

Shift Commanders

0800-1200            8AM-noon          ________

1200-1600            noon-4PM          ________