[Elfsea] Kragenworth Keep Passing of the Cloak

willowjonbardc at juno.com willowjonbardc at juno.com
Sun Jul 20 21:32:00 PDT 2008

It was a wonderful bardic with truly high quality pieces. We had two Baron stories Lady RosMerryn did her fair folk story about Master Robin and Lord Richard did a story about Duke Mahadi. Two Barons of Steppes.

As It has been told Lady RosMerryn won the cloak. Her first piece was a warning to Ladies to pick the bard they listen to. I pray all you ladies ask her to do that piece because it is wonderful. As I said her second piece was about Master Robin and the fair folk. You should ask for it .

We went two rounds because after the first round Lady Katrine (spelling may be wrong) had touched our hearts with her piece on young love. Her harp work was so very lovely.

Everyone else performed wonderfully. Lord Hook piece made Lady Rosmerryn cry. He was in his best form. His voice has a manly gruffness to it but he can really make you feel lost love.

The Surprise of the evening was  Lady Luciana. She wasn't performing and we all encouraged her because there were prizes for novices. She said she had a "pretty voice" She opened her mouth and some of the best music I had ever heard came out of her mouth. She is great. All the performers were also judging (trying some new ways to work judging out) We didn't give her Best novice song. We gave her Best Song.

I hope some of you will come out next time. It won't be a competition but there will still be fun.

Duchess Willow de Wisp Op, OL