[Elfsea] Defender Bardic clarification

eleanor cleavely whiteoakbard at gmail.com
Tue Jul 15 12:09:05 PDT 2008

Hi everyone!

It seems there's a bit of confusion about the Bardic competition at
Defender. Here's what's going to happen:

The competition begins at Sundown on Friday night. The theme is "heroes". It
can be a song, story, or poem, original or not. If it is not an original
piece, PLEASE make sure you give credit where credit is due. Plagiarism is
subject to disqualification. If there is a fire Friday night, please come by
and perform (more details later on this!). Please roam the fires and
pavilions on Saturday evening and perform for the good gentles in
attendance. There may or may not be a structured fire on Saturday evening.
That depends on how the scheduling goes with the torchlight tourney and
hafla. Once I know more about that, I'll let you all know. Basically, if
there is a fire or a place to perform, go for it! I will also be walking the
pavilions and performing, and you are welcome to come with me. I'll have
more information on that as Defender draws closer. There will be a prize for
the piece that best exemplifies what a hero is. I will be judging, but there
may be a few anonymous judges so do your best!

I hope this clarifies what's going on as far as the bardic is concerned. If
you have any questions or have any suggestions, please email me off list.

Thank you all for your continued support for the Bardic Arts. Without you,
we're just a bunch of raving lunatics who talk to ourselves! ;o)

Ever in service with a song and a smile,
Lady Eleanor Cleavely
Bard of Elfsea
Descendant of the White Oak

--
"Mine honor is my life; both grow in one;
take honor from me and my life is done."

Ego existo obstinantus - I am resolved

Reluctor ultum , pareo parum - Resist much, obey little