[Elfsea] Whose dream is it?

willowjonbardc at juno.com willowjonbardc at juno.com
Sun Jun 8 14:24:12 PDT 2008

I am sorry but it is a Game. It is a serious Game but it is still a game. It is a game to learn about history. It isn't a life style.

Maybe that is where we are having a problem. I want to study and learn and experience the historical world. I want us to talk and learn about the high ideas and then I want to go home and be my everyday self and putter at my arts.

I want classes to learn and situations where I can share my knowledge. I believe that persona is a way to share knowledge. I want to get together at business meetings as equals and share ideals. I want people to work on my ideas but I want to be able to work on theirs without the individual  losing credit. Some of you will be my mundane friends and we will hopefully get to do things out of the SCA. Others will be just my SCA friends and I will enjoy talking and sharing thing with you.

I want to go to SCA events and have places I can go to experience the Medieval world. I don't care if you have private parties or do your things but I will help you with yours if you will help me with mine. I am happy that you are happy but I want fun things to do too.

I believe that you have a right to do your Dream but I want my viewpoints presented as a valid part of the system and I want opportunities to recruit people who think like me and certain amount of time and resources to allocated to the study of history.

I realize I can not expect others who are not interested in my ideas to help me but I would like the freedom to be able to talk to people and try to get them interested without people going around doing political games.

Lanphier Taylor/willow de wisp