[Elfsea] Evening activties

ThoraOdottir123 at aol.com ThoraOdottir123 at aol.com
Wed Jun 11 06:51:21 PDT 2008

In a message dated 6/10/2008 7:18:21 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
whiteoakbard at gmail.com writes:

You  could also have it as a warm-up Bardic and make it a requirement that
competitors attend both Friday and Saturday night Bardics (Friday to get the
instructions/challenges, Saturday to actually compete).
The only problem with this idea is being able to compete on Friday night  due
to mundane concerns.  If you get out of work at Xpm and can only get to  site
by Zpm and the bardic is at Ypm it leaves you hanging out in the  breeze.  It
could cut a lot of good entertainers out of the main bardic  competitions the
rest of the weekend and nobody wants that.

I DO like the idea of a warmup bardic to entertain on Friday night  after
things get set up. That is why I like the parties and stuff I walk into  and
stumble out of on Friday night.  I just think that Friday night should  stay more
relaxed than required seeing as there is so much to set up on a Friday  night
and folks still need to come down off the workweek on Friday night before  the
main event stuff on Saturday.

I would say provide it but don't require it for competition.  Just  give the
challenges and instructions at morning court or in the event  program.

My two cents.  That and 3 dollars won't even get you a gallon of gas.  ;)

Thora O