[Elfsea] Evening activties

Miss M Brow starstruck503 at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 11 13:48:31 PDT 2008

Bardic is definitely better by firelight.  Back east, I attended quite a few informal bardic circles, even attempted a piddyful song or two on occasion.  I'm not good enough to compete, but would happily attend either as an audient for the competition or as a participant in an informal Bardic group.  If not a Friday night Bardic Challenge, then perhaps a Friday night bardic circle... could even be in the Tavern or coffee-house format as Her Grace Willow mentioned- I like all three atmospheres.  Count me in!

Rua**************One thing, though, that I don't like is a daytime Bardic competition. I am a firm believer that Bardic is better by firelight. It also helps those who are a bit put-off by crowds such as first-time bards. The firelight gives them a bit of "protection" from the crowd, as it were. I want to see many more Bardics happen in this Barony, and vow to make sure I host as many as I can while I am Bard of Elfsea and continue that work as Guildhead of the Bardic Guild. We've talked a great deal about change on this list the past few days. Bardic is one of those things that needs some change right about now.Who's with me?Eleanor Cleavely**************