[Elfsea] Hospitilar and Sewing?

Amelia Buckner amelia.buckner at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 3 19:08:51 PDT 2008

Well, since I am acting A&S Minister currently and haven't gotten a class set for June, if Aislyn or Elspeth would like to host a sewing night on the 16th, I would be much obliged. Let me know!
Thanks, Ælfwyn

Date: Tue, 3 Jun 2008 15:16:47 -0500From: cidsound at gmail.comTo: Elfsea at lists.ansteorra.org; twilight_1321 at yahoo.comSubject: [Elfsea] Hospitilar and Sewing?
Per my earlier message - the lady of the young couple that came to Warlord is very interested in starting some of her own garb.  She was able to wear some loaner things for Warlord and I gave her a gown that had been origionally made for a friend to wear to a party -but never worn - and fit her well enough for her first event that I gifted it to her.  ((It is by no means period, but it worked and that was what was important.))  She is registered to attend Kings College and wants to go to the Calig class next week - however she wants to start work on garb and such essentials.  I'm only a fair hand with needle and thread and she will probably need more teaching than I can give her in not only sewing but also garb specific to her tastes.  Is there currently a group within the Barony that is doing sewing or persons capable of helping her better than I?  Also I believe I should put her in contact with the hospitilar but lack that information at the moment.

While I'm throwing this out there I will go ahead and add that I'd be more than interested in anything anyone offered in the lines of sewing or garb construction.  I've rarely worked from patterns and usually just look at a picture and make it up as I go along - terrible I know, I blame it on impatience.  I'm looking at completely changing my persona and changing what little wardrobe I have left and the opportunity to learn from others who know what they're doing would be appreciated!

For the Dream,
Lady Irina Radokovaia
(Cid)-- "My heart is red & sweet, and I know it is sweet because what ever passes near me puts out its tongue to me." --Sitting Bull