[Elfsea] MID-WEEK RAPIER PRACTICE CANCELLED

Wilkerson, Glen D glen.d.wilkerson at lmco.com
Wed Mar 5 14:02:15 PST 2008

In consideration of Gulf War, and general continued sparse turn-out
lately, I am cancelling mid-week rapier practice at Bedford Boys Ranch
for the month of March.

We will re-convene on the first THURSDAY of April, when the weather is
hopefully a little better, and with daylight savings time sunset will
have moved from 6:30 to almost 8:00.  I have decided to make this change
so we will have a day off between the Sunday practices, the Tuesday
practice in Steppes, and our new Thursday night practice in Elfsea.

I have not decided on a location yet.  We may stay at BBR, but move to
the covered pavilion across from the rec center.  I am also considering
a couple of other sites including River Legacy Park in Arlington.  If
anyone has any suggestions on a possible new location, now's your chance
- drop me a line and make your case.  I will post my final decision on a
locaton to the list at the end of March.

To those of you travelling to Gulf War; safe trip and have fun.  To
those of you helping out at the demos at All-Con this weekend; thank
you, and I will see you there.  To everyone else; rest up, repair your
gear, and I will see you at the new practice in a month.

Don Alaric Greythorne

Elfsea Rapier Marshal

PS - And for those of you not going to Gulf War, no whining!  The Home
Guard Barbecue IS on again, and I will be posting the details next week.