[Elfsea] Help make events better?

ThoraOdottir123 at aol.com ThoraOdottir123 at aol.com
Wed May 21 07:57:52 PDT 2008

In a message dated 5/21/2008 9:23:58 A.M. Central Daylight Time,
ReevesJ2 at autonation.com writes:

Please  rank these sites, #1 being the best

1   Canton
2   Three Kings site (I am assuming this  is the site out at that little lake
off of old Hwy 80 - Hawkins Lake or  something like that)
3    Other...Camp and Fish where Guardian of the Tor was  held was pretty
good.  Also I enjoyed the Tanglewood site down in  Corsicana.  I know this site
was super primitive but there was  something really cool about turning out the
flashlight and the ONLY light there  was starlight and the faint glow of
torches and campfires amongst the  trees.
4  Middlefair and Wagonmaster....don't know. I didn't attend  Springfair this
year.  The name Wagonmaster doesn't ring a bell with  me.

One site I did not enjoy was Camp Cimmeron in Oklahoma.  There was a
pumpjack (oilwell) nearby.  It kept me up all night long.  It was my  very first
event and I was camped between Rolling Thunder and I think  Wolfstar.  Well I was
not used to such partying at campgrounds to start  with and it seemed like
that CRAPPIEST, DRUNKEST, DRUMMER ALIVE just kept going  all night and into the
morning.  I was fed up and left in a snit and a  half before breakfast.  Well
it turned out that crappy drummer was the  effect of the wind and that
pumpjack.  The breeze came toward us and would  carry the sound of the pumpjack for a
few beats and then change and stop off  beat.  Drove me freakin' nuts.  I wish
to thank a lord by the name of  Fluffy for talking me down off the edge and
convincing me to give the SCA a  second chance at another event.  I may have to
give Cimmeron a second  chance now that I am more experienced and mature and
like to party more.....and  I know about the pumpjack.

favorites at AOL Food.