[Elfsea] Highland games demo

eleanor cleavely whiteoakbard at gmail.com
Tue May 27 19:57:18 PDT 2008

Greetings, friends.

As someone who literally found the SCA (and a husband!) through the Highland
Games, I am deeply saddened to hear that we are not doing the demo this
year. While I cannot take over the head duties on this due to final exams
and grades and being a first year teacher, I was wanting to do the demo. I
was even planning on recruiting bards to entertain at the pavilion, for we
all know that Bards and fighters draw people in. I admit I was remiss in not
emailing about passes, but the demo slipped my mind until someone told me
this weekend at Warlord that we would not be doing it.

If there is any way at all that we can do this demo, you can bet your sweet
bippy I will be at that demo, singing my heart out and hoping to help
another "lost soul" find the joys of the SCA.

Ceatta, thank you so much for your tireless work on this demo for many
years. Thank you to all of you who have worked this demo over the years.

And thank you for the opportunity to serve.

Ever in service with a song and a smile,
Lady Eleanor Cleavely
Bard of Elfsea
Descendant of the White Oak
--
"Mine honor is my life; both grow in one;
take honor from me and my life is done."

Ego existo obstinantus - I am resolved

Reluctor ultum , pareo parum - Resist much, obey little