[Elfsea] Defender/PEDs and the Calendar

eleanor cleavely whiteoakbard at gmail.com
Tue May 27 20:03:05 PDT 2008

Greetings, friends!

I agree that we need to focus on quality rather than quantity. I am upset
that we no longer have a Baronial College. When I was living here before,
Baronial College was where we chose our Artisan and was a fun one-day event.
I hear people complaining about gas prices, event costs, yadda yadda yadda.
Well, why not do more one-day events like Baronial College or a Bards
College? Why not have a medieval masque that starts later in the afternoon
and goes to the evening? Why not have fun little one-day events that would
give us the opportunity to roll in a demo?

I also like the idea of a central regional Twelfth Night. I missed the last
one in January, but I heard it was pretty fun.

There is far too much complaining and not enough doing lately. This is not
just in Elfsea, but in a great deal of the SCA (or at least the parts I've
lived in the last six years). Perhaps it's time to shift our focus to
Defender, a Baronial College, and some one-day events to ease our burden.
Not every event needs to be a camping event.

Just my two ducats...which usually gets me in trouble. :o)

Lady Eleanor Cleavely
Bard of Elfsea
Descendant of the White Oak
--
"Mine honor is my life; both grow in one;
take honor from me and my life is done."

Ego existo obstinantus - I am resolved

Reluctor ultum , pareo parum - Resist much, obey little