[Elfsea] Defender/PED's and the Calender

an angel in black ink angelinblackink at yahoo.com
Wed May 28 10:14:30 PDT 2008

Greetings Elfsea!

  *Climbs upon an unmarked soup box*

  An excellent slew of ideas have been offered up on this topic already and I feel obliged to
  add a few of my own.

  To begin, I agree that the 'quality' of events has seemed to have diminished a little over the
  years.  Our southern and northern cousins are no longer drawn to join us in our once well
  known revelry.  This thing has been effected by the cost of gas, yes, but the problem had
  arisen quite a bit before we had this economical shift.  The main complaint was that 'Elfsea
  wasn't fun enough anymore'...That, my friends, is our own fault in a way though I feel that
  blame may be too harsh a word to place upon any of us.  It seems that we've simply
  forgotten how to make the events more interesting by allowing ourselves to settle into our
  current state of familiar comfort.  I have, however seen quite a few good ideas on how to
  'shake the tree up again' out there and I commend you all for taking a new interest.

  I think that more single day events would be an excellent idea or even dropping Spring Faire
  for a kingdom event but suggest an optional 'off calender' fun event to take it's place.  Singe
  day events probably won't pull in anyone else but the locals right now anyways.  Few people
  can afford to day trip from afar, seeing it as not worth the effort and cost.  Is there any
  reason we couldn't simply make a greater effort and try for both?  I can promise myself to
  the attempt once our big dumb white dragon gets out of the vet.

  Forgive me if I ask too much for I may be making an unreasonable request without
  knowledge enough to know better.

  In Service to Your Dream,

  "I seek an empire to topple my words!"

  Yu Xue XianXian,
  King of Misrule, Miscreant 'Gypsy Queen' at Large, and Terror of the SCAdian Seas

  "Never judge a man by the gifts he bears."
  ...........................-Ancient Chinese Proverb