[Elfsea] EVENTS - WHAT DO YOU LIKE

Mike C. Baker kihebard at hotmail.com
Mon May 19 11:00:58 PDT 2008

	1. How far are you willing to travel to daytrip? (hours,
mileage)
(generally) 2 hours / 120 miles

	2. What is the deciding factor as to whether you camp or stay at
a hotel?
(if NOT daytripping) Current employment or lack thereof, followed
closely by current weather conditions (under 40F or over 100F, I try not
to camp anymore -- BTDT, with clusters)

	3. Do you find it more expensive to camp or stay in a hotel?
Hotel definitely more expensive / generally less attractive IF there are
sufficient facilities to allow camping "safely" (noting that I have not
yet made the jump to non-modern tentage and "full service" camp gear
setup -- YMMV)

	4. If you got a break on the site fee, would you be more willing
to show up early and stay late for set up and tear down?
Maybe -- but is that feasible within the financial & other rules we
abide by?

	5. If you day trip, what time do you generally arrive at the
event and what time do you leave?
Under review.  PREFER to arrive before opening court, leave after
evening court (and bardic gathering), but recent experience has said
"better part of valor and circumstances"

	6. What kinds of things would make you more likely to stay
later, lets say Saturday of the event? (bardic, parties, special
nighttime fighting)
(IF daytripping) access to "safe" after-dark roadways / site
familiarity, bardic, hafla, special surprises, etc.

	7. Do you have the ability to have one or two people carpool
with you to an event? (space in vehicle, for them and their stuff)
Occasionally / under review (would work better with a "regular", someone
with whom commonalities can be arranged in advance - one larger ice
chest, shared dayshade, armor bag[s] / list-legal weapon cases strapped
on roof, etc.)

	8. What kinds of things do you like in a site? Please rank the
following (1 thru 8 with 1 being most important)

	__5___   Flush toilets
	__8___   Showers
	__1___   Easy access to water
	__3___   Easy access to electricity
	__4___   Indoor (A/C or heated) hall of some kind
	__7___   Formal parking (Blacktop/cement)
	__8___   Close distance to hotels/food
	__2___   Shade trees

Adieu, Amra / ttfn - Mike / Pax ... Kihe

Mike C. Baker
SCA: (al-Sayyid) Amr ibn Majid al-Bakri al-Amra, F.O.B, OSCA
Opinions? I'm FULL of 'em
alt. e-mail: KiheBard at hotmail.com  OR MikeCBaker at verizon.net
   Buy my writings!:   http://www.lulu.com/WizardsDen
http://wizardsdenblogedition.blogspot.com/

________________________________

	I have a few questions that I thought might be interesting to
find out. Could you please take a few minutes and answer them.

	Thank you for taking the time.
	Lady Giliana

	_____   Flush toilets
	_____   Showers
	_____   Easy access to water
	_____   Easy access to electricity
	_____   Indoor (A/C or heated) hall of some kind
	_____   Formal parking (Blacktop/cement)
	_____   Close distance to hotels/food
	_____   Shade trees

		CONFIDENTIAL: This electronic mail (including any
attachments) may contain information that is privileged, confidential,
and/or otherwise protected from disclosure to anyone other than its
intended recipient(s). Any dissemination or use of this electronic email
or its contents (including any attachments) by persons other than the
intended recipient(s) is strictly prohibited. If you have received this
message in error, please notify us immediately by reply email so that we
may correct our internal records. Please then delete the original
message (including any attachments) in its entirety. Thank you.