[Elfsea] EVENTS - WHAT DO YOU LIKE

Miss M Brow starstruck503 at hotmail.com
Mon May 19 09:19:53 PDT 2008

My 2c...  Thanks for asking!
Rua

Date: Mon, 19 May 2008 10:11:36 -0400From: ReevesJ2 at autonation.comTo: elfsea at lists.ansteorra.orgSubject: [Elfsea] EVENTS - WHAT DO YOU LIKE

Hi
I have a few questions that I thought might be interesting to find out. Could you please take a few minutes and answer them.
Thank you for taking the time. Lady Giliana
1. How far are you willing to travel to daytrip? (hours, mileage)
more important to me is the ability to find hte place... I am notorious for getting lost.  I would travel up to 4 hours for an event I could find easily, but I am stilllearning my way around...
2. What is the deciding factor as to whether you camp or stay at a hotel?
Prefer camping usually but haven't camped in a Texas summer yet ... the weather will cause me to decide to stay in a hotel

3. Do you find it more expensive to camp or stay in a hotel?
Hotel
4. If you got a break on the site fee, would you be more willing to show up early and stay late for set up and tear down?
Maybe... I like helping out, the problem isn't the incentive, its the initiative... trouble getting into the routine

5. If you day trip, what time do you generally arrive at the event and what time do you leave?  Mid-afternoon, usually, but that's only because I put off going places I am unsure of finding so I'm always running late (and boy that sure does help me be relaxed, not).  Depends on what's happening and if I know anyone there.
6. What kinds of things would make you more likely to stay later, lets say Saturday of the event? (bardic, parties, special nighttime fighting)
Bardic and parties are good incentives, especially if I know someone's there that I can hang out with

7. Do you have the ability to have one or two people carpool with you to an event? (space in vehicle, for them and their stuff)
I have room for one passenger, two if one is petite and willing to ride in the jumpseat in the truck cab; plenty of room for gear as it's a pickup truck, not one of those big ones but not a mini either.  I would love to have someone to carpool with, especially if they know their way around!

Actually this might solve a lot of my motivation problems and get me to more events, so if anyone needs a ride to an event, please get in touch with me... we could help each other out.  Just remember I could get lost trying to find my way out of a wet paper sack, lol...

8. What kinds of things do you like in a site? Please rank the following (1 thru 8 with 1 being most important)
1_____   Shade trees 2_____   Easy access to water
3_____   Flush toilets 4_____   Indoor (A/C or heated) hall of some kind 5_____   Formal parking (Blacktop/cement)
6_____   Showers ... unless it is a 3+ day event, then this moves to #47_____   Close distance to hotels/food 8_____   Easy access to electricity