[Elfsea] EVENTS - WHAT DO YOU LIKE

Daralynn Brittain elspeth013 at hotmail.com
Tue May 20 07:37:46 PDT 2008

1. How far are you willing to travel to daytrip? (hours, mileage) I do, and have daytripped up to 6 hours (one way).  Usually around 4 hours is normal.

2. What is the deciding factor as to whether you camp or stay at a hotel? event, activities, money, friends camping and depending on how often that month we are traveling.  During the months we go to 3 -4 events, we daytrip most of them.

3. Do you find it more expensive to camp or stay in a hotel? Depends

4. If you got a break on the site fee, would you be more willing to show up early and stay late for set up and tear down?  We already do, no discount needed, we help wherever we can.  This also depends on my children's schedules.

5. If you day trip, what time do you generally arrive at the event and what time do you leave? Between 8-9 am (in time for armor inspection or archery inspection), leaving depends on the kid's schedules for school, usually after court (or when packing up is done)  if there are special events, parties or friends staying, we will stay later.
6. What kinds of things would make you more likely to stay later, lets say Saturday of the event? (bardic, parties, special nighttime fighting)see above, also... torchlight tournies, vigils, friend's parties we will stay for, also depending on my kids and the amount we have traveled that month.

7. Do you have the ability to have one or two people carpool with you to an event? (space in vehicle, for them and their stuff) Usually we do carpool with our friends, whenever possible.

8. What kinds of things do you like in a site? Please rank the following (1 thru 8 with 1 being most important)
__3___   Flush toilets __4___   Showers __2__   Easy access to water __5___   Easy access to electricity __7___   Indoor (A/C or heated) hall of some kind __8___   Formal parking (Blacktop/cement) __6___   Close distance to hotels/food __1___   Shade trees
These answers are based on us traveling an average of 2-4 times per month, depending on the time of year, tournament schedules, and sports schedules for our high schooler.

Elspeth and family

Date: Mon, 19 May 2008 10:11:36 -0400From: ReevesJ2 at autonation.comTo: elfsea at lists.ansteorra.orgSubject: [Elfsea] EVENTS - WHAT DO YOU LIKE

Hi
I have a few questions that I thought might be interesting to find out. Could you please take a few minutes and answer them.
Thank you for taking the time. Lady Giliana
1. How far are you willing to travel to daytrip? (hours, mileage) 2. What is the deciding factor as to whether you camp or stay at a hotel? 3. Do you find it more expensive to camp or stay in a hotel? 4. If you got a break on the site fee, would you be more willing to show up early and stay late for set up and tear down?
5. If you day trip, what time do you generally arrive at the event and what time do you leave? 6. What kinds of things would make you more likely to stay later, lets say Saturday of the event? (bardic, parties, special nighttime fighting)
7. Do you have the ability to have one or two people carpool with you to an event? (space in vehicle, for them and their stuff)
8. What kinds of things do you like in a site? Please rank the following (1 thru 8 with 1 being most important)
_____   Flush toilets _____   Showers _____   Easy access to water _____   Easy access to electricity _____   Indoor (A/C or heated) hall of some kind _____   Formal parking (Blacktop/cement) _____   Close distance to hotels/food _____   Shade trees

CONFIDENTIAL: This electronic mail (including any attachments) may contain information that is privileged, confidential, and/or otherwise protected from disclosure to anyone other than its intended recipient(s). Any dissemination or use of this electronic email or its contents (including any attachments) by persons other than the intended recipient(s) is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please notify us immediately by reply email so that we may correct our internal records. Please then delete the original message (including any attachments) in its entirety. Thank you.