[Elfsea] EVENTS - WHAT DO YOU LIKE

Richard Threlkeld rjt at softwareinnovation.com
Mon May 19 14:59:06 PDT 2008

>Cailin, in brief my concerns are
>1) how well this meshes with SCA / Ansteorran financial policies in
>general,

We can provide discounts as long as they don't favor anyone. That is, as
long as anyone can earn the discount and we don't choose who is eligible, we
can provide a discount.

>2) NMS surcharging (discounted entry clause as to who is liable for
>NMS),

NMS is not due when there is a discount.

>3) local financial committee decisions / need for rulings (let's not
>blind-side any event bids while we are at it!),
>4) and (possibly) how to equitably determine the level of participation
>in the relevant activities.

The local finance committee would have to approve it and follow local
financial policies (which might include approval by the populace).

>Yes, boring-but-necessary paperwork & regulation concerns.  Several
>levels of potential worm-stuff to sift through, at least at my first
>glance.  I'm pretty sure you are more directly cognizant with the formal
>rules from the Exchequer side of things <GRYN>, and it is certainly
>possible that I have over-stated the potential issues.  Still and all
>may need some review.  (Just in case:  *I* think it may be a good thing
>to offer this type of fee break, esp. for students or those others
>willing to trade sweat equity, etc.  Thought I saw a _potential_
>problem/"landmine" area to be addressed, that's all.)

Paperwork can be boring .... or not. I prefer boring.

>Adieu, Amra / ttfn - Mike / Pax ... Kihe
>
>Mike C. Baker

Caelin