[Elfsea] Highland games and Elfsea

pcrandal at sbcglobal.net pcrandal at sbcglobal.net
Wed May 28 12:32:44 PDT 2008

It is sad to see problems and not be capable of
helping out.
One good way to express an interest in an office
is to volunteer as a deputy and learn the
functions and reports required. Taking classes
and working with the present officer can assist
the group greatly with their efforts.
Once the present office is opening up, you can
then ask for help in applying for that position.
You can state your experience directly as you
have been working along side the office and the
group where you are applying. People will have
gained a sense of trust that you are capable of
doing that job.

Crandall, Olde Phart

--- John Taylor <lord_stargate at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Greeting all
>
>   Since everyone is putting in their two cents
> I think I should too.

(snip)

>   This is the view of a lone squire, I have
> been in the SCA for a long time and seen some
> of the great events of Elfsea and have been
> watching the problems grow but it can work on
> but slowly at first.  I will be will to help
> with taking a office but I have no clue to how
> to put in a bid.
>
>   Lord Jonathan Bernard

"In all life one should comfort the afflicted, but verily, also, one should
afflict the comfortable, and especially when they are comfortably,
contentedly, even happily wrong."
-John Kenneth Galbraith