[Elfsea] Highland Games and other events

Jenn Kostal ladygenevieve at gmail.com
Wed May 28 17:38:08 PDT 2008

We are not hurting for membership, we are hurting for participation.
There are many reasons ranging from sudden and serious attacks of life
to apathy.  But regardless of those reasons we haven't been able to
get a pool of 15 to 20 people to commit to set up and tear down at our
events.

Keeping all that in mind we need to decide how the Barony should
proceed from here.

Genevieve

On Wed, May 28, 2008 at 10:08 AM, Daralynn Brittain
<elspeth013 at hotmail.com> wrote:
> Greetings Elfsea,
>
> Highland Games is a prime example of what is happening here in Elfsea.
>
> When Master Richard stepped up to take on the Highland Games, to my
> knowledge, he had very little response for firm commitments.  While the
> acknowledgment "to help" is great, the need is firm commitments.  The Barony
> cannot continue to commit to demos and to having events without the majority
> of our Barony committed to help make them happen.
>
> This is an excellent time to seriously think about our own commitments to
> our Barony.  As we face numerous challenges in the Society, Kingdom and our
> own Barony, we need to think about our own level of participation.  These
> events, demos and meetings do not "just happen". They take planning, hard
> work and a desire to succeed.  This takes everyone of us.
>
> As a group we are discussing big changes in our schedule, the number of
> events to hold, and offices that are up for bid.  Being one of the largest
> Baronies in our great Kingdom, one would think these would not be issues.
> But they are.  I am quite sure we only have one bid for Defender, not many
> applications for open offices, low participation at fighter practice
> and even lower attendance, from our own, at Elfsea events. This is a
> disturbing trend.
>
> At this time we need to reach down, take a look at our own suggestions and
> at our own level of play and decide how we can be part of the solutions.
>
> We need to get together and make Life great in Elfsea, again.
>
> Lady Elspeth de Stervlen

The key to immortality is first living a life worth remembering.