[Elfsea] Bear pit vs. melee vs. regular tourney

Sluggy! sluggy9912 at swbell.net
Tue Apr 7 11:53:35 PDT 2009

--- On Tue, 4/7/09, Dale, Jennifer <DaleJ at autonation.com> wrote:

> Can you explain a progressive melee to me please?

The format varies somewhat, but essentially, you begin with a single combat tourney. Each victor becomes captain of a team, with their previous opponent as their partner. These teams face each other, and again, the each victorious team absorbs the vanquished. Then four on four, eight on eight, etc, until all available fighters are divided into two armies, which then battle.

I have very fond memories of my first progressive melee (sometimes called 'snowball melee') at Gothic Wars.