[Elfsea] Bear pit vs. melee vs. regular tourney

eleanor cleavely whiteoakbard at gmail.com
Tue Apr 7 15:27:24 PDT 2009

Methinks Lord Cathal has it spot on!

As a spectator and former fighter (what? I've fought...once....), I like the
one-on-one traditional tourneys. Why? Because of the opportunities for
heraldry, pomp and circumstance. My favorite types of tourneys are pas de
arms. I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE pas de arms because it's the type of tournaments
that would have happened during my time period.

We don't have to do melees and snowballs all the time...let's have a pas
once in a while! I remember a long time ago (at least seven or eight years
ago) when we would have a pas de arms to choose the Baronial Guard. Why
don't we do this anymore? Why don't have pas de arms period anymore?

That might be something to try...

Just my two pence...whatever they're worth today,
Lady Eleanor Cleavely
lover of loudmouth heralds, pomp & circumstance...

--
"Mine honor is my life; both grow in one;
take honor from me and my life is done."

Ego existo obstinantus - I am resolved

Reluctor ultum , pareo parum - Resist much, obey little