[Elfsea] Calling all bards and musicians

Levine, Daniel S levine at uta.edu
Mon Dec 14 19:52:28 PST 2009

Gentles,

As your newly appointed titled Bard I should very much like to add more occasions for artistic and learned pursuits in our Barony, both at planned events and at small local gatherings apart from the events.  Therefore, if you are a bard, a poet, a musician of any sort, please write to me at levine at uta.edu<mailto:levine at uta.edu> so that I may learn who you are.  We can strive for more story-telling, singing, and other entertainment at feasts, and some performances of multi-part vocal and instrumental music.  I am also the faculty adviser to the student medieval group at UTA and have talked with Richard Fairborn who heads that group about trying to obtain rooms on campus for monthly bardic gatherings.

I know a few other bards in the area but suspect there are others hiding in the woodwork that I have not or barely met, so please come forward and reveal yourselves.  May the gentle arts flourish in our lands alongside the arts of combat.

Yours in service to Elfsea and Ansteorra,

Daniel de Tankard (Dan Levine)
levine at uta.edu<mailto:levine at uta.edu>