[Elfsea] New to area...

Tricia Emery jessimond at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 28 06:44:48 PDT 2010

Greetings!

Although we're NOT new to the SCA, my lord husband and I are rather new to the Barony of Elfsea. More directly, we live closest to the Canton of Dragonsfire Tor and did (finally) venture forth to meet these fine folks at yesterday's fighter practice. We moved here from out-of-Kingdom about three years ago, but mundane committments have prevented us from "playing" for about the last FIVE years!

We are eager to once again "live the dream" that we all hold so dear! It is with great anticipation that we look forward to becoming active once again. However, distance and our having a small farmstead will make attending many Baronial functions a bit difficult. To start with we must first make new garb!!!

As the making of garb is our first priority, I would like to ask if anyone in the Barony could point us towards decent patterns for (early to mid) 14th Century ENGLISH accoutrements. Our previous garb is a hodge-podge of periods and styles and, well, most of mine is simply too large for me to wear! We both agree that since we must make new garb we wish to go a bit more "authentic" this time around.

Thank you in advance for ANY assistance you may be able to provide. We hope to meet each of you at an event as soon as time and money allows!!!

In humble service,

Jessimond