[Elfsea] Fw: [Ravensfort] Fw: [Ansteorra-announce] [Announcements] Announcement from the Board of Directors, SCA, Inc.

Brandon McDermott brandonsmcd at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 26 11:00:15 PDT 2010

--- On Fri, 3/26/10, David Brown <lddevin03 at yahoo.com> wrote:

From: David Brown <lddevin03 at yahoo.com>
Subject: [Ravensfort] Fw: [Ansteorra-announce] [Announcements] Announcement from the Board of Directors, SCA, Inc.
To: ravensfort at lists.ansteorra.org
Date: Friday, March 26, 2010, 12:50 PM

----- Forwarded Message ----
From: Leslie Luther-Fulton <janefalada at hotmail.com>
To: sca Announcements <announcements at sca.org>
Sent: Thu, March 25, 2010 8:56:06 AM

Announcement from the Board of Directors, SCA, Inc.The directors and corporate staff have the unfortunate obligation to inform the membership that the SCA, Inc.
has been named in a civil suit seeking damages as a result of sexual misconduct of an adult toward minors.
Unfortunately, at the time the activities occurred, the individual was a member and officer of the SCA.
The SCA clearly did not sanction the alleged misconduct, had no prior knowledge of the misconduct, and
had
 never received any complaints concerning the adult involved prior to his arrest.

This suit originated in Pennsylvania, USA, and was filed in January of 2010. Complete information regarding this suit is not yet known, as it is still in the preliminary stages.

The Society for Creative Anachronism, Inc. intends to take all appropriate actions available to defend itself against the allegations in these suits.  As we are able, we will continue to update our membership.

Board of DirectorsSCA, Inc

Hotmail has tools for the New Busy. Search, chat and e-mail from your inbox. Learn More.

-----Inline Attachment Follows-----

Comments are strongly encouraged and can be sent to:
SCA Inc.
Box 360789
Milpitas,  CA 95036

You may also email comments at lists.sca.org.

This announcement is an official informational release by the Society for Creative Anachronism , Inc.  Permission is granted to reproduce this announcement in its entirety in newsletters, websites and electronic mailing lists.

address.
-----Inline Attachment Follows-----