[Elfsea] Steppes Archery Practice Sept. 19 2010:

William Black Dragon ironwyrm at sbcglobal.net
Fri Sep 17 21:15:18 PDT 2010

Greetings,

Local weather diviners claim we shall have fair skies and warm temperature for our target archery practice on Sunday!  So we plan to start around 9AM (SCA time) on Sunday morning at the old Eastfield College archery range 3737 Motley in Mesquite just a few blocks north of the Motley/I-30 exit.  Practice is held on the west(left) side next to the tennis courts and closest parking may be had on the east(right) side in the church parking lot across the street from the practice range.  Look for our triangular black & white pennants marking the melee field next to the tennis courts.

Speaking of that this Sunday is our last combat archery training session prior to the "Three Commanders" event the first weekend in October.  If you come to target practice you might want to hang around after and watch the fun as our novice combat archers pepper each other with combat missiles until they have had all the fun they can stand!  Our Steppes fighters are most welcome to come out an join us!  And our training combat archers could really use the experience of working with our shield men, besides how often do ya get the chance to whack an errant combat archer whom gets too close!?! Got to learn to beware of that weapon reach somewhere (lol)!

So bring your target archery gear, camp chairs, some cool drinks & snacks and join us for our Steppes archery practice!  Then go grab or bring your lunch and stay for our combat archery training session following our target archery practice (around 1PM).  You can't help but have a good time!

Note - be sure to check these lists for our Sunday morning confirmation post should the weather turn bad and we are forced to cancel the day's activities.

Regards,

HL William Black Dragon
Interim Archery Marshal for the Barony of Steppes