[Elfsea] OT about Craigs List Find -SO much for Chivalry

a a princeisabitteroldman at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 4 14:24:27 PDT 2011

Speaking as someone who has been critical of the SCA,I want to say I pretty much AGREE with Caelin on Andrede.I've played off and on for about 30 years.I'm a nobody and there are things I don't like about the SCA but generally it is better than the mundane world.I'm not so sure about the "creative" part;frankly,I've been disappointed there.The SCA sometimes seems to me to be a little too set in its ways but that's true about people outside the SCA too.I want to say that I've met some special people in the SCA and THAT experience keeps me coming back when I drift away.I hope you won't give up on the SCA yet.I'm disappointed sometimes,too,but I think it's worth staying and I hope you have some experiences that change your mind.
                                 Edward