[Elfsea] Elfsea Baronial College

Baroness of Elfsea via Elfsea elfsea at lists.ansteorra.org
Mon Aug 25 09:04:54 PDT 2014

Greetings Elfsea!

Baronial College was a great event. Thank you to the Prince and the
Princess, His Highness, Lochlan Dunn and Her Highness Michelle Chantal de
Charente, for spending their day with us.

We wanted to thank Vittorio Dona, and his staff, for a wonderful day.
Thank you to all the teachers, without you all we could not learn exciting
new arts, fighting styles, historical info and heraldry!!  We got to
witness great classes, wonderful food, see smiling faces, beautiful works
of art and listen to stories and songs from talented Bards.  Life is good
in Elfsea!!

Mistress Druinne, thank you for designing, painting and scribing our
Champion's scrolls, they were very beautiful!

Lady Viviana, thank you so very much for painting the Baronial Award
scrolls, they were so very pretty.  And thank you for following me around
most of the day.  I am always happy to spend the day with you.  :)

Lady Madelena, thank you so very much for our champion mugs this year, and
for all our cups we hand out.  It is very appreciated, and they are very
nice  :)

The tables in the Main Hall were covered with displays of fine arts.  The
Artisans brought our their works completed within the past 6 months, or so.
The workmanship was truly awesome, and the decision difficult. Thank you to
all the artisans that showed their beautiful work!!

Our newest Artisan is:

Countess Deanna ( Deanna Baran) Her icon was stunning. It was a beautiful
piece.

The front foyer was filled with the sounds of song, stories and poetry!
Thank to all the Bards for performing for us Saturday.  It was a very close
competition.  When the dust cleared we had our newest Bardic Champion:

Don Brian O' hUlliam.  Your talent humbles us, we are proud to have you as
our Bard.

There were many awards given to those that work so hard to make all this
possible. Vivat to them all!!

Many thanks our outgoing Artisan, Lady Madelena de Orozco, and our outgoing
bard, Master Alden Drake.

Andreas von Meissen - Azure Keystone
HE Lauretta d'Avenporte - Azure Keystone
LADY Meadhbh Graeme - Award of Arms
LORD Angus MacIntyre - Award of Arms
Lady Caitrina - Sable Crane
Lady Aine - Portcullis
Lord Vittorio Dona- Portcullis
Aoife Ruadh Inghean Ragnaill- Eastern Tower for Calligraphy
Lady Meadbhb Graeme - eastern tower for costuming
Lord Angus MacIntyre- western tower for chivalric combat
Esteban - western tower for Rapier

Thank you to those that volunteered: the murder mystery was great fun, all
those that worked gate, the kitchen staff, the teachers, set up, tear down,
cleaning crew, Al Aeryn for making sure we were fed (our table was
beautiful, thank you!!!!!), to everyone that made this day possible -
VIVAT!!!!

We are certain to forget someone, or something...please forgive us!  If we
did, please let us know!

It was a great day.

In Service,

Gerhart and Elspeth