[Elfsea] DRAGONSFIRE TOR YULE FEAST MENU & LIST OF INGREDIENTS

Texas Treasures via Elfsea elfsea at lists.ansteorra.org
Wed Nov 26 17:41:56 PST 2014

DRAGONSFIRE TOR YULE REVEL FEAST MENU AND LIST OF INGREDIENTS

The Canton of Dragonsfire Tor invites you to

Yule Revel XXIV

December 6, 2014

Oakdale Park, Glen Rose TX 78043

Site opens at 9:00 am and closes at 10:00 pm.

This is not a Period feast but it is of Spanish origin.  Tomatoes, chili peppers, and maze were all available to the Spanish Courts as early as the 1500’s after contact with the Americas.

Spain is a country rich in culinary heritage and famous foods. Each traditional dish tells a unique story of history, culture, agriculture, religion, economy, and human taste. As true with most countries, different regions have different specialties.

First Course

Naranjas y Uvas con Peras (Oranges and Grapes with Pears)

INGREDIENTS:

•    sliced pears

•    mandarin oranges

•    grapes

Second Course

Sopa de Tortilla (Tortilla Soup)

INGREDIENTS:

•    msg free chicken stock

•    whole kernel corn

•    carrots

•    diced tomatoes

•    green chilies

•    chili powder

•    garlic

•    parsley

•    ground pepper

•    ground cumin

•    salt

Tortilla Chips, Limes, Fresh Cilantro and Fresh Onions served on the side

Third Course

Pollo con Manzanas Estilo Menorquin sobre el arroz (Menorcan Style Chicken with Apples over Rice)

INGREDIENTS:

•    boneless & skinless chicken breasts

•    cinnamon

•    salt

•    ground pepper

•    garlic

•    msg free chicken stock

•    apples

•    white grape juice - no sugar added

•    rice

•    Corn starch

Habas Spañolas (Spanish Beans)

INGREDIENTS:

•    dry pinto beans

•    garlic

•    bay  leaf

•    red bell pepper

•    paprika

•    salt

•    ground pepper

Fresh Onions served on the side.

Forth Course

Dessert Buffet   DFT is holding a Dessert Competition and entrees will be the dessert for the meal.     Please see our website for more information

Drinks

Tea, lemonade, and water

Coffee:  coffee will be available throughout the day

This feast is FREE and is included in you Gate Fee.  We are doing this because it is our way of saying THANK YOU to all those who have attended our past events and helped us raise the money needed to buy our new Canton trailer.

GATE FEES

ADULTS                            $10

              6-17                                   $  5

              5 & UNDER                     FREE

              FAMILY MAX                  $30

Non-member surcharge: $5

We hope you will all join us at our Yule Revel and partake of the fun, friends and food.

Please visit our website or email me for more information or if you have any questions.

In your Service,

Lord Franklin Whitenhale of Cheshire.

Feast Steward

http://dragonsfire-tor.ansteorra.org/yule_revel.php