[Elfsea] Rapier Practice Today! (Also: Heat Tips)

Rapier Marshal via Elfsea elfsea at lists.ansteorra.org
Wed Aug 5 09:26:32 PDT 2015

Good morning, Elfsea!

As always when it's not raining, we will be having practice tonight. As
always in the summer in Texas, it will be ridiculously hot. Please keep the
following in mind:
1. Stay hydrated. Drink water throughout the day.
2. Bring water with you to practice. There is usually public water there,
but if you bring your own you don't have to rely on other people to save
you.
3. Know your limits. If you feel yourself overheating, take a break and
drink some water. Don't push it - if you're done, you're done. Once you get
a heat injury, they are more easy to get in the future, so be smart -
listen to your body and to your friends.
4. If you want to get some sword time in but don't want to fully armor up,
that's OK. We will be doing drills as well.

As a reminder, all you need to come out and try rapier is:
- Long-sleeved shirt (I will have a few loaners at practice)
- Long, comfortable pants you can easily move in (sweatpants, yoga pants,
and pajama pants are all fine)
- For men: an athletic cup.

Hope to see everyone at Bob Eden Park at 7:00/7:30!

-- Andreas

--
Andreas von Meißen
Elfsea Rapier Marshal (Interim)