[Elfsea] February Academie of Elfsea Class information

Michele Reichek via Elfsea elfsea at lists.ansteorra.org
Fri Jan 30 12:47:59 PST 2015

Good afternoon Barony!
The next class of the Academie of Elfsea details have been posted over at the Academie Facebook page!  Here's a lil teaser:
Volunteering and Service in the SCA - How to get involvedInstructor: Master SebastianMonday, February 9, 20157pm - 9pm
One of the best ways to enjoy and learn all about the SCA is to jump right in and get involved with service. What is SCA service, you ask? There are multitudes of opportunities to help out within the SCA, and we will be covering all of them. No matter how long you have been a member, or your level of experience, in this class you will learn all you need to know about getting involved. We will be discussing service on a local level, a Kingdom level, and on the Society-wide level. Jumping in and helping out is a wonderful way to make new friends, to learn about the various communities within your local group, and to enjoy being a part of why the SCA is the wonderful thing that it is!
A friendly reminder: classes are SCA-clothing optional. You may wear street clothes or SCA clothing, the choice is yours.
The address is:
Texas Wesleyan University
1201 Wesleyan St.
Fort Worth, TX 76105
**To be specific, the building on campus we are at is the Polytechnic United Methodist Church, which is at the corner of East Rosedale St. and Collard St. There is a lit parking lot with plenty of parking just behind the church, please park there. I will have my phone with me if anyone gets lost - 817-557-7472.

What is the Academie of Elfsea?  The Academie is a monthly class offered for free to the populace of Elfsea and Dragonsfire Tor (and our friends in the Barony of Steppes and the surrounding areas.)  These classes are geared towards helping newcomers to the SCA learn all about who we are, what we do, how to get involved, and have a great time!  No matter how long you have been a member of the populace, be it a few weeks to a few years, or if you are newly arrived to our fair lands from another Kingdom or group, you are welcome to join us!  We look forward to seeing you at the next class!
In service,Jeanne-Marie :)