[Elfsea] Announcement Regarding Rapier & Youth Rapier Waiver Procedures

Rapier Marshal via Elfsea elfsea at lists.ansteorra.org
Tue Jul 21 11:56:52 PDT 2015

Good afternoon, Elfsea!

As has been mentioned by Aoife, Saturday was a very eventful Roundtable
with regards to waiver procedures. In addition to what she announced, I
also sought and got confirmation about what was required for youth waivers.
We are very fortunate in this barony to have Baroness Rixende, the Deputy
Kingdom Marshal for Youth Rapier. I know she has gone over this with most
of the parents whose children participate in our youth rapier program, but
as the group marshal the job of making sure the waivers are completed and
submitted is officially mine.

The following, as confirmed by the Kingdom Seneschal, are the Society
procedures for waivers for adults and youth, which I (and anyone who
deputizes for me) will be following:

1. Everyone who fights at practice must either show the marshal a copy of
their blue card* or sign the waiver. There are no exceptions, even for the
Crown.
2. If a youth fighter has a blue card, and proof of such is presented, no
Youth Waiver is required.
3. If a youth fighter does not have a blue card, or proof of one cannot be
shown, then their parent or legal guardian must fill out a Youth Waiver at
every practice.
4. Waivers are not required for children who are in attendance at practice,
but not participating in martial activities.

I will have waiver forms at every practice, and Baroness Rixende usually
does as well. If you need one, just come up and ask and I'll one out for
you.

Anyone who has questions about this or any other rapier-related matter is
welcome to contact me at rapier at elfsea.ansteorra.org.

Sincerely,

-- Herr Andreas von Meißen
Elfsea Rapier Marshal (Interim)

*Electronic proof is fine. I keep photos of the front and back of my card
on my phone, so I have it with me wherever I go.

--
Andreas von Meißen
Interim Elfsea Rapier Marshal