[Elfsea] August Class - Academie of Elfsea

Michele Reichek via Elfsea elfsea at lists.ansteorra.org
Wed Jul 22 21:21:41 PDT 2015

Good evening Students!!
Are you ready for our next class?  I know I am!!
This will be the second of nine lecture-style classes, with the goal of these classes being to provide everyone with the tools, knowledge, and understanding to enjoy the SCA to its fullest. So, with that said, here are the details for the second class of the semester:
Persona 101 - What is a Persona, How do you find yours, and once you have one picked out, what then?
Monday, August 3, 20157pm - 9pm
This class will be taught by His Excellency Sir Alejandro Ramirez Mendoza, 8th Baron of Elfsea and Knight of the Society.
The SCA is a vast organization filled with people from every walk of life who choose to come together and enjoy the best parts of European history.  However, it can be difficult to enjoy living history when we are still dressed as John Doe.  To help each person enjoy the SCA to its fullest, it is recommended to create a 'persona' and to register it with the College of Heralds.  But what is a persona?  How do you find one?  And once you have found one you like, what do you do with it?  This class will help you better understand the concept of the persona, as well as finding the right persona for you.  By the end of the class, you will have a solid understanding of personas and why its important to have one.  You will understand and feel comfortable addressing people by their persona name, and will have some good idea about what steps are needed next to find your own persona and get it registered..**The classroom where we will be holding class will be in the Polytechnic United Methodist Church on the Texas Wesleyan campus, which is located at the corner of E Rosedale St and Collard St. **
Please park in the church parking lot, which is behind the church building. If the lot is full, there is street parking also. To find the classroom, please enter the church, proceed through the stained glass area, and continue down the hallway. Be looking for myself and/or Lady Aine, as always we will help you find the classroom if you should accidentally get lost.Kid friendly; food and drink are permitted; note-taking materials and camera phones are welcome.
A friendly reminder: ALL classes are SCA-clothing optional! You may wear street clothes, work clothes, or SCA clothing, the choice is yours.
The address is:The Polytechnic United Methodist ChurchTexas Wesleyan University1201 Wesleyan St. Fort Worth, TX 76105
I will have my phone with me if anyone gets lost - 817-557-7472.See you all there!!~J-M