[Elfsea] NEW PROCESS: FACEBOOK EFFICIENCY

Seneschal of Elfsea via Elfsea elfsea at lists.ansteorra.org
Tue Apr 19 15:08:21 PDT 2016

*Greetings, Elfsea.*

*If you have received the Officer Meeting follow-up notes, you may have
noticed that in the section of information from Their Excellencies William
and Cassandra, there is a new strategy to minimize confusion, lessen the
length of response strings and create a greater efficiency to anyone
seeking information via our Baronial FB page.*

*From the notes:*

*FACEBOOK EFFICIENCY:  With the daily use and ease of Facebooking, it is
often forgotten that the baronial email is still the only approved/official
method of communication.   Sometimes, in our need to get information out
quickly and answer questions, we can inadvertently give incorrect
information or cause confusion.  When questions are asked online, it is
also far too easy to “tag” the officer or person in charge and presume that
they are on Facebook as often as we are--- and they may not be.  This can
lead to unrealistic expectation in rapid-response and inadvertently make
someone look like they are not “on the ball”.  *

*SOLUTION:  If you are on FB and a question is asked, and you know that it
lays in the field of one of our officers (combat, arts, history, business,
finance, etc.), instead of “tagging” the person, simply provide their name
and official Elfsea email.   This allows the inquiring person to get into
the official channel of communication.  *

*If you do not know the officer who needs to answer the question--- or it
is an odd question, they should be directed to the Seneschal at
seneschal at elfsea.ansteorra.org <seneschal at elfsea.ansteorra.org>*

*Basically, if a question is asked that needs to be answered by the
officer, you can respond with something along the lines of: *

*"I believe our [insert Officer Position] would be able to answer your
question.  Please send your question to their email:
[officename]@elfsea.ansteorra.org <http://elfsea.ansteorra.org>"*

*​This keeps official correspondence going through the correct channels and
allows the officer to answer publicly on Facebook after they have responded
officially.  Thanks to everyone ahead of time for helping to implement this
strategy.*

*A full list of baronial emails can be found at the bottom of this
message.​*

*In Service,*
*Lady Aoife Ruadh inghean Ragnaill*
*Seneschal, Barony of Elfsea*

​*BARONIAL EMAIL LIST​*

*Baron & Baroness:*
*baron at elfsea.ansteorra.org <baron at elfsea.ansteorra.org>*
*baroness at elfsea.ansteorra.org <baroness at elfsea.ansteorra.org>*

*Seneschal (Business Manager):*
*seneschal at elfsea.ansteorra.org <seneschal at elfsea.ansteorra.org>*

*Exchequer (Treasurer):*
*exchequer at elfsea.ansteorra.org <exchequer at elfsea.ansteorra.org>*

*Hospitaler (Newcomer Liaison):*
*hospitaler at elfsea.ansteorra.org <hospitaler at elfsea.ansteorra.org>*

*Nautilus Pursuivant (Heraldry):*
*herald at elfsea.ansteorra.org <herald at elfsea.ansteorra.org>*

*Chronicler (Newsletter):*
*marshal at elfsea.ansteorra.org <marshal at elfsea.ansteorra.org>*

*Knight Marshal (Heavy Combat):*
*marshal at elfsea.ansteorra.org <marshal at elfsea.ansteorra.org>*

*Rapier Marshal (Light Combat):*
*rapier at elfsea.ansteorra.org <rapier at elfsea.ansteorra.org>*

*Archery Marshal:*
*archery at elfsea.ansteorra.org <archery at elfsea.ansteorra.org>*

*Minister of Arts & Sciences:*
*MOAS at elfsea.ansteorra.org <MOAS at elfsea.ansteorra.org>*

*Minister of Children (Youth Activities/Non-Combat):*
*MOC at elfsea.ansteorra.org <MOC at elfsea.ansteorra.org>*

*Web Minister:*
*webminister at elfsea.ansteorra.org <webminister at elfsea.ansteorra.org>*

*Chamberlain (Property Control):*