GE - Send-Off Party Clarification

StephenMacthomas at aol.com StephenMacthomas at aol.com
Tue Apr 25 15:27:07 PDT 2000

Greetings to all from Lord Stephen:

Earlier I posted a rambling letter concerning a proto-party at my
apartment(s) on Thursday evening.  I was gently reminded in a private reply
that this is the same night that many members of the Canton populace will be
making their final preparations for the Assembly this weekend, and that
holding a party that night could indeed be detrimental to the contrade's
preparations for the weekend.  So, with that in mind, let me post this
clarification:

The party to be held this Thursday at my home(s) is primarly being done for
the sole reason of allowing people to pick up whatever they wish of the
things I don't plan to move into the new apartment.  If you wish to come by
and see what's available, that's wonderful.  If not, you won't miss anything
except dibs on the things that I wish to find new homes for.  Those things
that I would like to relocate will not be moved over to the new apartment;
after the last person leaves on Thursday evening, that entire pile of items
will be thrown away or given to Goodwill.  The party is secondary to this
agenda and will remain so.  This event is more of a thrown-together yard sale
than a party.  It's just a yard sale with entertainment and refreshments.  :)

I know the timing of this plan of mine is atrocious, but it is the last night
that I'll have to work on cleaning the old apartment out before the keys are
due on Monday by the close of business.

Hopefully this answers any questions about what's going on at my place and
why.

Any other questions, please send them to me privately.

Stephen