GE - Send-Off Party Evolution

StephenMacthomas at aol.com StephenMacthomas at aol.com
Thu Apr 27 06:01:27 PDT 2000

Greetings unto the list from Stephen:

Tonight is the evening that many of you will be finalizing your preparations
for the Assembly of the Contrades this weekend.  It is also the evening that
I'd like to have a drive-by open house of my new apartment, as well as offer
a very large and incomplete selection of Stuff I'd Love You To Take Off My
Hands.  So far this list of items prepared includes: cassettes, CDs, videos,
clothing (period and mundane), walking staves, dishes, knick knacks, a rather
nice blender, and lots more I can't think of right now.

This will all be taking place at my NEW apartment, same complex, #905.  I've
opted to keep the goings-on at one place for several reasons, including: it's
tough to host people in two houses, the dust in the old place is atrocious,
I'm much further behind on preparing for this than I should be, etc.  To get
here, take your best route to the Cypresswood exit off I-45 (exit 68 from 45
North, exit 69 from 45 South).  Take Cypresswood Drive west through the
southbound feeder and Holzwarth lights, then take a right on the next street,
which will be Hickory Twig Way.  Turn into the visitors entrance.

(I split the directions here because many of you know this part already.
It's changed from here on.  Now everyone gets to pay attention.  <grin>)

Dial 055 to get through the gate - do *not* dial the code for apartment #905,
as this is still wired to go to the previous tenant's phone, which is
elsewhere in the complex.  (This will be fixed later, I'm told.)  Go all the
way down the end of the lane, then turn right.  Ahead of you is the
playground.  My new building is on the corner closest to the playground.
Find a place to park, then head to the "inside" of that building, facing away
from the street.  905 is downstairs, with my familiar welcome mat outside.

Things will kick off at 7:30 (meaning please don't show up before then) and
will end sometime around 11:00 or whenever people leave. (I've had a request
from a friend to have the door open as late as 1:30 am, so leave when you're
tired or need to go do something else, like work on the Assembly.)

Hope to see many of you here at some point throughout the evening!

In service,
Stephen

P.S. to Constance - Right now, there's not that much that's usable for
prizes, more like mundane stuff that I'm doing away with.  I'll give you a
call and let you know when I have a better selection for prizes.