GE - Fw: End of reign report for equestrian

Diane M. Mathews camelothorse at earthlink.net
Mon Dec 18 13:16:27 PST 2000

----- Original Message -----
From: Diane M. Mathews
To: StephenMacthomas at aol.com
Sent: Monday, December 18, 2000 2:54 PM
Subject: End of reign report for equestrian

The year 2000 is the first year for Gate's Edge to have their own Equestrian Practises up here on the North side.  We have coordinated with our Barony (Stargate) to alternate holding practises every other month between the North side at Camelot Horse Center and the South side at Forth Bend County Stable.   We have been lucky to have the advantage of the assistance of our Regional Marshal,  Lady Moira MacCrae, to assist me, Lady Guinevere, in the running of our practises here in Gate's Edge.  Our average attendance is around 20 riders and 12 horses.  Camelot Horse Center has been loaning 5 horses, schooled in the games, to help mount those riders who do not own their own horses.

Another first for this year comes from our Kingdom Equestrian Marshal, Sir Alexis, who has worked hard on the rules and requlations to get Boffer approved for the Equestrians.  The game was practised at Camelot Horse Center in the August Practise and a small demo was shown by Sir Alexis, Lady Catherine, and myself-Lady Guinevere in Steppes after the King's Lancer competion.  Everyone is looking forward to including this new game in our future competitions.

I am pleased to say that there have been NO injuries during our Gate's Edge practises.  Our riders did, however, assist a Camelot student that was riding and fell while we were at our June practise.  The young lady took a tumble while her horse was cantering and fractured her wrist.  She is well, back riding, and now looking to join us in the future.

I would like to claim Lady Moira MacCrae as one of our own since she works at Camelot Horse Center and plays with us here on the North side and congratulate her on recieving her Sable Comet.

I want to thank all those that helped me when I had major heat stroke after winning the Advanced Equestrian at Steppes this last May.and all my SCA friends that helped push to give me my AOA and make me " Lady Guinevere ".   Thank you ,also, for all your support and tolerance in this, my first year as an Aurthorizing Marshal and the Gate's Edge Equestrian officer.  I hope to improve my own abilities and to help our Gate's Edge Equestrians to continue growing.

Lady Guinevere