GE - Update on Nicholas

Kimberly kaos at kjsl.com
Mon Sep 11 16:19:19 PDT 2000

Well today we went in for his blood work. He was so awesome. They were only
going to do a finger stick, and daddy and I had some sticker sheets and we
were having him show us where different stickers were ( where is the pink
bunny where is the clown with the purple hair.. ect ect) Then we hear this
Ouch, soft little sound it was when she pricked him. She had to continue to
squeeze his finger but alas not enough blood was coming out, and what had
came out was clotting in the tube so it would not be any good. So they were
going to have to do blood from the vein in his arm. So daddy laid down with
him in the chair and we tried the sticker thing again, all the techs felt so
bad that he was going to have to get poked again because he was so awesome
in not crying or screaming with the finger prick but alas we had too.

He didn't cry but he was so mad and his face was so red, he was not pleased
at all, but he gave the nurse who did it a hug and he threw away the
stickers that she gave him and decided that she was a doctor. (he wouldn't
talk to the anthasteroligst nor would he let us way him, or measure him.
(But let us put two needles in him)

Daddy left with him off to the ice cream store and the toy store ( after a
quick trip to the target to get a pull-up and new pants since a little boy
peed in them).

Friday 730 is the big day. We have to be there at 530 fun fun fun. But
hopefully this will end it.

hugs
Kimberly dawn