[Gatesedge] Wild Bowen sightings

Darlene Vandever blaan at flash.net
Sat Jul 28 09:43:06 PDT 2001

Dear Ld. Cedric,

Well, my Wildlife of North America encyclopaedia says the Bowen is even harder to sight when it has young.  If I remember correctly, the infamous Gate's Edge Bowen has supposedly produced a youngling with the aide of that other most elusive beastie, the shy and most gentle, wild Seren.  This may account for the rarity of sightings of either of these rare and most precious of beasts.  However, the wild Seren is attacted to bright colors in specific patterns and the infamous Gate's Edge Bowen has been known to respond to overtures of friendship and scratchings behind the ear.  Both beasties enjoy gentle conversations and offerings of food and drink.  If the members of the populace look sharply at dusk, they may spot these beastlings slipping away towards a campfire looking for conversations, backrubs, drink and food.  Another time honored way to attact their attention is to stand in the middle of a camp and yell, "Hey, BOWEN!!" or "Hey, SEREN!!".  They tend to come running at such a summons.  However, no one yet has managed to reliably attact their attention in any other fashion.  To aide you however, I shall keep an eye turned in their direction and should one of them amble in my general direction, I shall endevore to employ "animal/speak" to convey that you wish to also converse with them.

Annes
Dear God,  Help me to be the person
my dog thinks I am.  Amen