GE - Names

Carolyn Young Carolyn.Young at goodmanmfg.com
Thu Mar 22 09:17:47 PST 2001

Hi Everyone,

Now you get to find out just how obsessive/compulsive your new seneschal
really is.   Recently, I don't think I've seen the name of our Canton
spelled correctly even once.  I realize this is probably because most of
what I've seen written has been by relative newcomers to the Canton (and I
stress 'relative') who, themselves, have never seen it spelled correctly.

The name of our Canton is "Gate's Edge" not "Gates Edge".   There is only
one Gate - Stargate, and we are at its edge, therefore, the "Gate" is
possessive, not plural.

OK, I'll get off my soapbox now and get back to work.  {If I haven't trodden
upon your toes yet, give me time.  I'm sure I'll manage to mash them some
time in the future.  :-)  }

Cheers,
Caitlin

Carolyn Young