[Gatesedge] FW: Fw: I Love Mustard!!!

Carolyn Young Carolyn.Young at goodmanmfg.com
Wed May 16 07:39:00 PDT 2001

This one is just too good not to pass on.  Bowen, especially, take note.

Caitlin

Carolyn Young
MIS Department
Goodman Mfg.
713.861.2500  ext 425

Subject: I Love Mustard!!!

 As ham sandwiches go, it was perfection. A thick slab of ham,
 a fresh bun, crisp lettuce and plenty of expensive, light brown,
 gourmet mustard.

 The corners of my jaw aching in anticipation, I carried it to the
 picnic table in our backyard, picked it up with both hands but was
 stopped by my wife suddenly at my side. "Hold Johnny (our
 six-week-old son) while I get my sandwich," she said.

 I had him balanced between my left elbow and shoulder and was
 reaching again for the ham sandwich when I noticed a streak of
 mustard on my fingers.

 I love mustard.

 I had no napkin.

 I licked it off.

 It was not mustard.

 No man ever put a baby down faster. It was the first and only time
 I have sprinted with my tongue protruding. With a washcloth in each
 hand I did the sort of routine shoeshine boys do, only I did it on
 my tongue.

 Later (after she stopped crying from laughing so hard) my wife
 said, "Now you know why they call that mustard 'Poupon.'"