[Gatesedge] A Youth Championship at the next Stargate Baronial?

Maria scarlettmb at prodigy.net
Tue Nov 6 12:18:38 PST 2001

Sig,

I think that's a great idea.  I have long believed
that there should be more things for the Youth to do
besides help whoever is in charge of Childrens
activities at an event.  I think that not only should
the Youth Championship be a Baronial thing, I think
that we should adopt it at other events also.

I will try to make it to the next Gates Edge populace
meeting with a proposal about this idea.  Maybe we can
head the Barony in an attempt to give our Youth in the
Society some more interesting activities to be
involved in.

Maria

Subject: [Gatesedge] A Youth Championship at the next
Stargate Baronial?

>Greetings, one and all! I do hope this message will
not be in triplicate.

>Since last Stargate Baronial, I have been pondering
the question of whether
>the Barony should have a Youth Championship since it
already has a
>Children's Championship--but there are some of our
Youth that are too old to
>be a Children's Champion (although we don't have a
definite cut-off age).
>Several of the Youth that attended last Baronial hung
around with the
>Children's group and some were otherwise "employed".
My thoughts on a Youth
>Champion would be in the categories of service,
chivalry, knowledge of the
>SCA in fields of heraldry and history, A&S, Bardic
and in a youth related
>rapier/chivalric or archery event.  I could envision
this Youth to serve the
>Barony for a year as the other champions do. This is
all I have--ideas and a
>desire to make it happen if the Populace, Officers
and Their Excellencies
>also desire this. I have talked to some interested
parties already and would
>like to schedule a meeting soon if there is
interest.  Alas, I will not be
>at Populace this evening--my son is coming into town
this afternoon--and