[Gatesedge] mangus

D. Vandever hlannes at ev1.net
Wed Jul 10 16:57:32 PDT 2002

On rereading this post, I realize there may be some confusion on my part or
on yours, I'm not sure which (see I *am* confused!)

Anyway, our name of Gate's Edge was passed on January 18, 1992.  No problem
with that at all.  Any hang-up to shire status would not involve our already
registered name.

If we *translate* the name, it can be a problem.  Gate's Edge probably would
not be able to be registered now in English or in any other language.  Its
being discussed on the herald's list even as I type.

If we try to get a new name, this can also be a problem.  How many of you
remember the 4-5-6? or more different names Westgate had for years as they
tried to get a name registered?  Read Magnus post concerning 4 groups trying
to get a name registered right now with only 1 being successful.

As for impacting the move to shire, I am right now supposing it may have an
impact if we dropped this name and tried for another.  I'm not sure about
that.

Annes

Dear God,  Help me to be the person
my dog thinks I am.  Amen